- Economic theory provides a window into the world of action and social organization. It is a way of thinking that includes a web of concepts and particular language. Without these, an observer of society will fail to faithfully interpret events, political or economic, within it. I begin every course with an exhibition of the economic way of thinking. Economics is a science of human decision-making. It's core suppositions allow observers to identify and analyze the effects of a system level rationality. Owing to the selective force of the profit mechanism, agents who manage any substantial amount of wealth are forced to act with regard to the demands of consumers. They are forced to act intelligently or else lose their wealth and the power that it affords them. I believe that every student should leave my class with a substantial knowledge of the economic system. Any course in economics should provide its students a foundation that allows them to make intelligent decisions as consumers, business owners, and policy makers.
- International Trade and Policy Syllabus
- Intermediate Macroeconomics Syllabus GitHub
- Principles of Macroeconomics Syllabus
- Development Economics Syllabus
- Computational Economics Syllabus GitHub
- Economics of Entrepreneurship Syllabus